Monday, November 28, 2016

Andrew Cheng - Week 8 HW

Dream Job
   
    When it comes to the topic of dream job, mine is rather straight forward, I aspire to work in the video game industry, Ideally in North America. Although nowadays more and more Chinese(or eastern) artists are emerging and making a name for themselves globally. The game industry in China is still, to put it lightly, a big fat mess. Plagiarism and copyright violations are so common that they are suppressing the whole industry from growing. On the other hand, artists are sometimes less respected and underpaid in China. As much pride as I take in my nationality and the artistic talents shown by my fellow Chinese artists, the last thing I want to do is to spend all my time and passion creating art for a project that is either literally a re-skinned version of another pre-existing IP, or quick money for some incredibly short- sighted developer who isn’t even remotely interested in video games whatsoever. I have hope in the future, but for the time being, my best bet is to get a job in either the US or Canada.
    As to actual job positions. I would like to work as a 2d artist in AAA companies or studios like Naughty Dog, Bungie, CD Projekt Red, Guerrilla Games etc, Indie games and mobile games also sound amazing to me. I will strife to be become an overall much better artist in the upcoming years before I graduate. And hopefully with determination and perseverance, I’ll be able to fulfill my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment