- We meet Khe in his home. He’s poor, he’s tired, he’s hungry. He works hard to pick fruit from his tree, but it’s not the most profitable occupation – and ravens constantly eat his fruit.
- Khe meets the Raven. The Raven proposes a deal – gold for starfruit. Khe is overjoyed for the opportunity but also frightened to leave his home.
- Khe packs and prepares to leave home. It’s a big place out there and Khe isn’t sure what to bring. He looks around at mementos and important things to him and chooses a couple.
- Khe meets his ally, the Water Buffalo. Khe saves the Water Buffalo, freeing his stuck leg. The Water Buffalo agrees to join Khe on his quest.
- Khe prepares to enter Avaritia’s Nest. Khe is intimidated by the entrance, and theRaven warns him that she does not take well to strangers, and is even less pleased bythieves.
- Khe challenges Avaritia. She spews hot oil – and insults. Frog minions do her bidding and keep Khe far away from any of her treasure. After Khe defeats her, she falls and melts/explodes, sending hot oil flying. Her minions disperse and Khe is left to reap his reward.
- The Raven swoops down and warns Khe that he can only carry so much gold. Khe faces inner conflict as he decides how much gold to take.
- Khe heads back home with his treasure. The Raven flies his back some of the way,then Khe sets off on foot.
- Home at last, Khe and his Water Buffalo live well off… at least until the Raven asks for more starfruit.