Friday, April 8, 2016

Christopher Ruiz - Week 9 HW



“Dream Job”
Honestly, at the moment, I’m not yet certain of the direction I want to pursue in Game Art. I’m split between 2D concept and 3D, and even within those I’m not certain if I’d want to focus on character, props or environments. At the moment, I’d really be happy with any, so I’m trying to develop all of the relevant skills necessary. An ideal scenario would be for me to be able to work alongside a team who makes games I love. I don’t want to lead a company or even be an art director necessarily, I find leadership roles stressful most of the time. I really just want to contribute concept art and/or assets. One ideal situation would be to work with the YachtClubGames team on a future Shovel Knight title, as that’s one of the games I’ve most enjoyed in recent years by a western developer—it’s probably the western game I’ve enjoyed most since Portal. The overall goal is to get a job in the industry where I can produce work that in enjoyable and meaningful to me, while still being able to support myself and hopefully pay off my student debt in a reasonable amount of time. One more personal goal is to start a personal project in my free time like a webcomic, a youtube channel or a simple game, something that could eventually gain a small, intimate following.

No comments:

Post a Comment